Smoked Bacon Wrapped Pheasants
Author: Matt N.
- 1 Gallon Unsweetened Apple Juice
- 1 Cup Table Salt (If using Kosher Salt add ½ Cup More)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Tablespoon Black Pepper
- Boil 2 quarts Apple Juice in pot, Add Salt, Brown Sugar, and Pepper. Stir until salt and sugar are dissolved. Remove from heat and add other half of apple juice and cool the brine in the refrigerator until its cold.
- DO NOT ADD BIRDS UNTIL BRINE IS COLD
- Place Birds and Brine in large plastic bag. (Make sure sharp bones will not puncture it)
- Place brine bag in cooler on top of ice.
- Let sit for 12 hours. Keep cold with ice on bottom and top of brine bag. (Not inside Brine)
- Remove the birds after 12 hours rinse them under cold water. And let them dry on the counter.
- Cooking Prep
- Lightly sprinkle the birds with dry BBQ seasoning.
- Wrap each bird with enough thin cut bacon to cover the entire bird (Usually 5-6 Pieces)
- Lightly sprinkle with dry BBQ seasoning.
- Place Birds inside 250 degree smoker.
- After 2 ½ Hours Pull the biggest bird and test temperature with meat thermometer. If the temperature is 160 degrees or more you are good. If not give it another ½ hour.
- Birds will stay good in the refrigerator for a couple of days freeze the others in butcher paper.
Crock Pot Pheasant
Author: Mike Ruoho
- 4-6 pheasant breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can French onion soup
- 5 red potatoes
- 10 baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Season pheasant breasts to desires taste.
- Cut up potatoes, carrots, onions into your prefered size.
- Put one can of Cream of Mushroom, one can of French Onion in crock pot. Place pheasant breasts in crockpot. Place your seasoning and vegetables in crockpot.
- Place cooker on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
Pheasant and Sausage Penne
Author: Chazz recipe
- 4-6 PHEASANT BREAST FILETS
- 2-3 ITALIAN SAUSAGE LINKS FULLY COOKED AND SLICED
- 2-3 TABLESPOONS OF SEASONINGS ( mixture of seasoning salt, pepper and garlic powder)
- ½ CUP OF VEGETABLE OIL
- 1 LB. PENNE PASTA
- 1 QUART OF CRUSHED OR DICED TOMATOES
- 1 CHOPPED GREEN BELL PEPPER
- 2 TABLESPOONS OF SALT
- 1 CUP OF SHREDDED PARMESAN CHEESE
- ½ STICK OF BUTTER
- 2 CLOVES OF FRESH GARLIC
- 1 TEASPOON OF DRIED ITALIAN SEASONING
- Begin by placing a pot of water on high heat to prepare to cook the pasta. Add 2 tablespoons of salt to the water. Be sure to cover the pot.
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of seasoning mix into ½ cup of vegetable oil and mix thoroughly to make a thin paste. Take 4 pheasant breasts and rub with the seasoning coating the whole breast. Place in a dish and set aside.
- Melt ½ stick of butter in a sauce pan on medium heat. Dice two garlic cloves and place into the melted butter to sautee. Add one quart of crushed or diced tomatoes, 8 oz water and 8 oz chicken stock. Add one teaspoon of dried Italian seasonings and stir into sauce and bring to a boil. Add the sliced fully cooked Italian Sausage. When the sauce begins a slow boil gradually add the shredded Parmesan Cheese stirring constantly until the contents is melted into the sauce. You may add more cheese to suite your desired consistency. Once the cheese is melted, lower heat to a simmer to keep warm.
- Get a skillet and heat until smoking. Take the pheasant breast and place into the skillet. Cook the breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side depending on the thickness. When finished, remove from the skillet and keep warm. Add the Penne Pasta to the boiling water and when finished, remove, drain then return to the pot. Pour the contents of the sauce pan over the pasta and mix thoroughly. Place the servings of pasta onto a pasta bowl or plate. Slice the pheasant breast into ½ inch slices and place over the pasta.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and crushed red pepper (optional) and serve.
- Serves 4 -6 people.
Jeff’s Naked Legs
- – Skinless pheasant legs with thigh meat
- – Salt
- – Pepper
- – Marmalade jam
- Pre-heat the grill to 350-400F. Salt and pepper the legs and place on the grill meat side up. Allow to cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the meat has a nice brown sear.
- Turn legs and cook for 5 to 7 minutes ( bone side down) until the meat has a nice brown sear. Continue to cook legs turning them every 5 minutes for 2 turns.
- Remove legs from grill and brush with marmalade.
- Allow the legs to rest (covered) for 10 minutes and serve with your favorite side and beverage.